Diamond J Customs’ A-arm and Shock Widening Kits are a unique approach to increasing the width of an ATV. Instead of replacing the a-arms with custom built, expensive after-market a-arms, this kit simply relocates where the a-arms and shocks mount to the frame. By doing this, the entire suspension moves out by 3 inches (or 2 1/4 inches, depending on which tie rod extensions you choose) on each side, maintaining the stock ride height and suspension travel, but improved because of the added width for stability and better handling.
The precision laser-cut brackets supplied in the kit bolt to the stock mounts on the frame, and provide two sets of new mount locations for the a-arms and shocks that are 2 ¼ or 3 inches outward on each side. This provides a 4.5 or 6 inch total increase in the width of the ATV while making use of all of the stock suspension components. Threaded extensions are also supplied to extend the steering tie rods to match the widening kit. Kits come complete with all necessary hardware and tie rod extensions that thread onto your stock tie rods and secure in place with jam nuts. Please specify if you want the tie rod extensions for the +4.5″ or +6.0″ setting at the time of ordering.
Stock shocks and a-arms can be used with all of the widening kits. Shocks and a-arms are not included with any of the kits.
The kits require no cutting or welding and can be installed easily in an afternoon by a typical home mechanic.
Brake lines are typically long enough for the conversion. Longer brake lines are available if the customer prefers to also make that modification. The following ATV’s will most likely need longer brake lines for the +6″ setting: YFZ450, 450R and Z400.
Some of the pictures show the ATV’s with the front bumper removed so you can see the kit more easily. The bumper mounts are not affected by the kits. Stock and aftermarket bumpers should work fine with all kits.
Steel brackets are made from 1/4″ thick carbon steel and are designed to be used in all types of riding and racing, including motocross. Many customers are using these kits to race every weekend. The a-arm mounting brackets are designed to be as strong as the a-arms connecting to them. The brackets work together to share the load in all directions (such as rough terrain or hooking an occasional tree on the trails). These kits ARE designed (and used) for the harsh conditions of motocross racing.
All kits come powder coated gloss black. Color choice is not available, but other colors can be painted or powder coated by the customer over the gloss black finish. Kits come complete with all necessary hardware (nuts, bolts and washers).
Please us the “browse by” categories on the right to narrow down your search.
- Honda TRX 250EX and 2010-Present 250X ATV Widening Kit$190.00
- Suzuki LT-Z250 ATV Widening Kit$200.00
- Polaris Scrambler 90 A-arms & Shocks ATV Widening Kit (+6 in.) 2002-2005 Models$150.00
- Polaris Outlaw 90 and 110 ATV Widening Kit$140.00
- Honda TRX 300EX or (pre-2000) 250X ATV Widening Kit$190.00
- Yamaha Raptor 700R ATV Widening Kit$190.00
- X-PRO 200 Front Widening Kit$200.00
- DRX DRR 90 Front Widening Kit$170.00
- Suzuki Quadsport LT230 Front Widening Kit (Requires slight modification)$200.00
- Yamaha Raptor 90 ATV Widening Kit (2015-Present)$180.00
- Polaris Phoenix 200 ATV Widening Kit$200.00
- Suzuki LT-Z90 ATV Widening Kit (all years)$150.00
- Suzuki LT-Z400 ATV Widening Kit$200.00
- Yamaha YFZ450R or YFZ450X A-arms & Shocks ATV Widening Kit 2009-Present YFZ 450R$209.99
- Yamaha YFZ450 ATV Widening Kit$200.00
- Yamaha Warrior ATV Widening Kit$200.00
- Polaris 2001 Scrambler 90 A-arms & Shocks ATV +6 inch Widening Kit (Only 2001s)$150.00
- Yamaha Raptor 90 ATV Widening Kit (pre-2014)$200.00
- Yamaha Raptor 350 ATV Widening Kit$200.00
- Yamaha Raptor 250 or Raptor 125 ATV Widening Kit$200.00
- Polaris Predator 90 ATV Widening Kit (2002 and Newer)$150.00
- Polaris Predator 90 ATV Widening Kit (2001 Only)$150.00
- Polaris Predator 500 ATV Widening Kit$190.00
- Suzuki 2002-2005 LT-Z400 ATV Widening Kit$190.00
- Yamaha 2004-2005 YFZ450 ATV Widening Kit$190.00
- Honda (1998-2007) TRX 400EX or 400X ATV Widening Kit$190.00
- Polaris Outlaw 525/500/450 ATV Widening Kit$200.00
- Suzuki (2006-Present) LT-Z400 ATV Widening Kit$200.00
- Yamaha 2006-2014 YFZ450 ATV Widening Kit$200.00
- Honda (2008-Present) TRX 400EX or 400X ATV Widening Kit$200.00
- Kawasaki KFX 90/50 ATV Widening Kit (All Years)$150.00
- Eton 90/50 ATV Widening Kit$150.00
- Can-Am DS 90/50 or Kymco 90/50 ATV Widening Kit$150.00
- Kawasaki KFX-450R ATV Widening Kit$190.00
- Kawasaki KFX-400R ATV Widening Kit$190.00
- Can-Am DS 250 and Kymco Mongoose or Maxxer 300/250 Widening Kits$190.00